You may not be sure if your kitchen cabinets need to be replaced. You use them every day and think they are perfectly fine. The truth is you just got used to them and they really do need to be changed out.
Here are some simple facts that will let you know when it is time to reface your cabinets.
- Your kitchen is bringing the economic value of your home down and you need to bring the value back up to par. According to the cost vs value report a major kitchen remodel will add $65,000 to the value of your home. Bathrooms add value also, but not as much as kitchens by increasing the value of your home around $30,000. These figures are national averages rounded to the nearest thousandth for 2013.
- You are tired of your current kitchen and it is plainly time to change the style without the financial strain of a complete remodel.
- There is irreparable damage.
- The doors and drawer fronts are falling off multiple times a week or even in a day. Not only can this be bothersome but it is also very unpleasant to the eye.
- The cabinet doors and drawer surfaces are damaged. They are warped or have water damage and are not salvageable. Then it is time to replace or reface them.
Houzz.com has an impressive article that will help explain why refacing will work to help with these problems and how to get the job taken care of.
Did these points open up your eyes? Were you shaking your head yes as you read this post? Then it is time for a new kitchen!